Monday, July 2, 2007

Truck or the Destiny?

I read with disbelief the passing away of Former Delhi CM Sahib Singh Verma. I had once met him for some help which he promptly did. SoI carried(and still carry) a favourable impression of him.

When a Truck comes from the other side and hits your vehicle, you cant do much about it. To me, it seems that Truck is just a via media of your destiny.Destiny wants you to meet Yama, the lord of Death.

Weird it may seem, but this is the third accident I have seen of this type.The first one was of my best friend's brother Sanjay Gulati. He died instantly when a truck came from opposite side to hit his car in Sarita Vihar. He had instructed his wife to keep the food ready as he was just 10 minutes away from home! Then I heard about Manav's brother in law. A young promising life cut short. Now the Delhi CM.

All one can do is to pray to Lord to save him from such situations if they ever happen. For believers, I can tell a small Mantra. Say "Narayan - Narayan"before you step out of the door for any outside journey. I have seen this protect me in some of the weirdest accidents I have got into my life. Those instances I will later share.. in this space only.

3 comments:

saurjyesh said...

Like a true Bong and in keeping with being politically correct I say ' Durga Durga'

Manav Khosla said...

Being Punjabi I leave home say "Satnam"... and one more point however far & modern we indians become but still being glued to ur roots help in all possible ways and this shows from the fact whether a Bong says "Durga Durga" or a Hindu saying "Narayan Narayan"...

Praveen Lohani said...

Interesting comments.
Politics or religion aside, I feel we humans have a natural tendency to mouth or remember the person who we consider as our 'Protector', when we are in a situation requiring defense. You hit a child and what you hear immediately is "oh Mummy". Its a reflex action!